1 ½ Cup Dates (75g)
1 ½ Cup Raisins (80g)
½ Cup Raw Cacao Powder or Dutch Cocoa (45g)
6 Tblsp Almonds (40g)
3 ¾ Cups Walnuts (155g)
You can replace Walnuts and Almonds with Pumpkin and sunflower seeds if you prefer a nut free option for school lunch boxes.
3 Tblsp Coconut Sugar or Rice Malt Syrup (optional for sweetening)
12 Tsps Cinnamon or 2-3 drops cinnamon oil
6 tsps Ginger
1 ½ tsps ground cloves
1 ½ tsp nutmeg
¾ tsp salt
3-4 Tablespoons Coconut Cream (to create sticky texture)
1 C shredded coconut
1. Place dates in a saucepan and cover with water. Allow to boil for ten minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a processor grind Almonds and Walnuts to a fine flour
3. Drain dates and blend in the processor with the nuts to a fine flour
4. Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth
5. Roll mixture into balls into balls – roll in shredded coconut and store in freezer.