“They really are so practical and useful; they come in handy for everything”Eleanor Ozich – Watch Now
Lemon Essential Oil Ideas
1. Soothe an irritated throat, layer Frankincense and Lemon over the throat area or take a drop of Lemon in a small amount of raw honey (not suitable for children under 1).
2. Diffuse lemon to neutralise odours. Got a house full of stinky boys? Lemon is your friend. You can also use a few drops on cotton wall bools and place in your fridge, in shoes, wherever you want to get rid of nasty smells.
3. Lemon, like all citrus oils, is very uplifting and also promotes positive mood and cognitive ability, a great one to diffuse at your desk. You could also add a drop or two of peppermint to keep you alert.
4. Flavour boost, our oils are beyond food grade you could add a drop of Lemon essential oil anytime you are cooking with lemon juice (Salmon on the BBQ, Lemon meringue pie, Hummus, Avo Smash, Lemon zest etc) to give it a deeper, more rich flavour. You could also add a drop or two to tea or a smoothie. Lemon naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion.
5. Add a couple drops of Lemon essential oil to your dishwater or to the rinse section of your dishwasher. Lemon is amazing at cutting through grease and grime and will live your glassware sparkling.
6. Make an All Purpose Cleaning Spray. In a glass bottle with a spray trigger add a quarter cup of Vinegar and 30 drops of your choice of essential oils, any Citrus oil like Lemon will make a great cleaner, you could also add a squirt of the cleaner concentrate, shake, spray and wipe. Clove oil is a great mould killer! One for the bathroom.
7. Remove sticky labels with lemon essential oil! Simply add a few drops of the oil to the label, wait a minute or so and it will peel right off.
8. Make your own natural wood polish using olive oil and Lemon or Wild Orange essential oil.
9. Lemon promotes a healthy respiratory function, try diffusing two drops Lemon, two drops Peppermint and two drops Lavender for a great seasonal relief blend.
10. Use lemon essential oil in a spray bottle with water to keep fruit fresh until serving. It will also add a nice zesty flavour!
Peppermint Essential Oil Ideas
1. First things first, whip up a batch of Bliss Balls and add a few drops of Peppermint Oil.
2. Get rid of stinky breath, take a drop of Peppermint essential oil in water and swish around your mouth and spit, if you are on the road you can also literally just put a drop in your mouth and move it around with your tongue, it is FIERCE.
3. Peppermint makes a fantastic respiratory and sinus support. You could take a drop on your thumb, put it on the roof of your mouth and inhale deeply, diffuse or even just smell it straight from the bottle.
4. Peppermint is a fantastic oil to cool you down. In summer when it’s super humid and disgusting here in Queensland I love making a spray bottle with water and a few drops of peppermint oil and spraying my face (eyes closed), back of my neck, hair, arms, legs and especially my feet.
5. Foot soak time!!! A few drops of peppermint essential oil and some epsom salts in a little foot bath, BLISS!!!
6. Diffuse Peppermint and Wild Orange to keep you alert and focused on the task at hand.
7. Try making this Whipper Peppermint Foot Lotion
What You Need:
1 teaspoon beeswax
2 tablespoons cocoa butter
4 tablespoons shea butter
1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
2 tablespoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
5 drops Peppermint essential oil
5 drops Melaleuca essential oil
1. In a small glass container, combine all ingredients except essential oils. Place in saucepan with 1-1.5 inches of boiling water.
2. Stir ingredients until combined (around 5-10 minutes).
Note: Use a popsicle stick for easy cleanup.
3. Once melted, remove from heat and let rest for 3 minutes.
4. Add essential oils and stir.
5. Let mixture come to a solid. To quicken the process, place in refrigerator.
6. Once solid, use an electric mixer to whip the lotion. Gradually come to high speed and whip for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
7. Place into container. To use, rub on heels to help soften and soothe them. For the best results, add a generous amount to feet with socks before you go to sleep.
8. Ease tension. Apply lavender and peppermint diluted to neck and forehead to ease the pressure.
9. Try making your own toothpaste! Use equal parts of bicarb soda and Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, add ten drops of peppermint, stir and store in a glass jar, minty fresh and no nasty chemicals.
10. Tummy Calmer, take a drop of peppermint oil and dilute with fractionated coconut oil and rub clockwise on your tummy.
Easy Air Respiratory Blend Ideas
1. Support seasonal respiratory discomfort and sleep easy. Use a few drops in the diffuser by the bed (I also like to add a drop or two of Oregano).
2. Make a chest, foot and back rub to support the respiratory system. Use between 1-5 drops of the blend to 10ml carrier depending on age. Keep in a roller bottle for easy application.
3. Put a drop of this blend and a drop of Wintergreen in a sink full of hot water with a towel over your head, breathe deeply.
4. Make up a nasal inhaler or take with you on cotton balls or even just breathe in straight from the bottle!
5. Feeling anxious and claustrophobic? Or like there’s no air? Use this blend, it will literally help you breathe!!
6. Diffusing is great, but when you don’t have a diffuser handy, simply add a drop of both this blend and Frankincense into the palm off your hand. Then, make a fist with a small opening over the oils and breathe in through your fist. This simple technique does wonders!
7. Boost your brain power!! The Respiratory Blend contains Eucalyptus essential oil which is known to help stimulate mental activity and wake up your mind. The powerfully beneficial oils of Peppermint, Lemon, and Melaleuca are all included and are perfect if you are feeling under the weather.
8. Place a few drops on a pillow for those that don’t want the oil applied to them (I’m looking at you whiney kid or skeptical other half!). They won’t even no but they will breathe easy and sleep soundly!
9. Make a tight, dank space more breathable and light by diffusing this blend.
10. Apply to your chest, back and legs before exercising to help invigorate your lungs!
On Guard Ideas
1. Diffuse anytime you are concerned about what’s going around, I like to add a drop or two of Oregano and Black Pepper for extra support. Apply diluted in carrier oil to the soles of the feet and down the spine for extra immune support.
2. Add 15 drops to a cup of corn starch or baking soda. Mix, sprinkle and rake on carpet then allow it to sit for up to an hour. Then, vacuum it clean!
3. Take onguard with olive oil before, during and after a plane trip to support your Immune System and ward off Environmental threats! I take with food and fat and filtered water.
4. Diffusing can work miracles, but you can also put a few drops on your car or home’s air conditioning vents to obliterate dank, stale filtered air…right from the duct!
5. Clean your bath tub!! Mix 5-6 drops with a half cup of baking soda to clean your bath tub and skip all of the harsh, bleaching chemicals.
6. Fantastic blend for dental health (it contains Clove after all!) Try swishing with a bit of water after dental work. You can also apply directly to your teeth and gums with some Coconut Oil (or add a drop to your toothpaste) to soothe irritated gums. For a clean toothbrush, store it overnight in a small glass of water with 3-5 drops. You could also try oil pulling with a tablespoon of Virgin Coconut oil and a drop or two of this blend.
7. Make your own SAFE Hand Sanitiser without carcinogenic Triclosan. Mix 5 Tablespoons aloe vera gel, 4 Tablespoons water, 1/4 teaspoon Vitamin E oil and 8-10 drops Protective Blend in a small squeeze bottle.
8. Clean your Oven! Caked on black oven gunk does not easily come off. Make a mix of bicarb, water, Protective Blend and Lemon essential oil and apply, then scrub off. All done and no nasty chemicals.
9. Make your own Foaming Hand Soap.
Making your own foaming hand soap is incredibly easy to make. You probably already have all the ingredients, too! You can use any empty foaming hand soap bottle you have laying around the house or you can purchase a new one HERE. Mix and match your fave essential oils to create your own custom soap. The options are endless!
What You Need:
2 tablespoons liquid castile soap (unscented)
1 tablespoon Fractionated Coconut oil
10 drops essential oils of choice
Pour castile soap and Fractionated Coconut Oil into bottle.
Add essential oils.
Slowly add water into bottle making sure to leave room for the foaming pump.
Add lid, shake, and you are good to go!
When ready to use, just pump 1-2 times into hands and wash with warm water.
10. Soak cut apples in filtered water with a drop or two of the Protective Blend for an Immune Boosting snack.
1. Make some playdough for the kids, try purple and add some Lavender, Orange and some Wild Orange, Green or Blue with some Balance, they will get the calming effects of the oils while they play!
2. Diffuse with a few drops of Vetiver and Marjoram to help with the transition to the land of deep sleep.
3. Give the kids a lavender foot massage in carrier oil to calm them down in the evening, pop a drop or two on their pillows.
4. Calm down after a tense day, add a cup of Epsom salts to the bath with a few drops of Lavender.
5. After a long day on your feet rub Lavender and Lemongrass diluted on your feet and legs. It will help soothe sore muscles and fully rest.
6. Soothe a sore babies bum, mix lavender and geranium in coconut oil and use at change time. You can also make your own chemical free baby wipes with cloth wipes or paper roll, coconut oil, essential oils (just a drop of each) and water.
7. The next time someone doesn’t realize the iron or pan is still hot; apply Lavender oil to the affected area to soothe skin irritation, relieve redness and ease swelling. Also works great for soothing irritated bites!
8. Homemade Aftershave. Use after shaving to soothe and soften skin and to lessen the redness and burning caused by razor burn.
9. Take The “Ouch” Out. One drop of Lavender will help relieve the pain and sensitivity of occasional sore gums, dry or chapped lips, occasional scrapes and abrasions, or after too much sun.
10. Clear The Mind and Soothe Emotions. Apply Lavender to the temples and back of neck to lessen the effects of stress and anxious feeling and to promote mental clarity.
Firstly I just want to say BE CAREFUL, Oregano is a very hot/caustic oil, always heavily dilute for topical use and stay away from sensitive bits, DON’T SCRATCH YOUR NUTS or wipe at the toilet until hands are thoroughly cleaned.
1. Concerned about the sanitary conditions of a public place you or the kids have just walked on with bare feet? Your feet absorb more than you think. Follow up by applying one drop of Oregano and Thyme, diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil. Happy feet.
2. Apply to warts, surround the area with Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply a drop of Oregano Oil every day for at least a week.
3. Bring the flavour of Italy into your cooking, add a drop to your big batch of Bolognese on the stove (a drop of Basil and Rosemary are also divine additions and bring so much flavour!!) Put a drop of Oregano and a drop of Basil in your veggie dip! Or, mix them both with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a savory bread dip. So yummy.
4. Support the immune system with the power of Oregano. Layer on Guard and Oregano on the soles of the feet with Fractionated Coconut Oil and/or Diffuse with the On Guard Protective blend.
5. Oregano is also a fantastic respiratory support. Diffuse a few drops with Easy Air/Breathe at night. Apply diluted down your spine.
6. Digestive Dilemmas Abated. Oregano is a key ingredient in dōTERRA’s GX Assist, for good reason! It helps create a peaceful environment that is unfriendly to ‘the unmentionables’ that tax our digestive systems.
7. Chilly in Winter? Dilute just 1 drop in a decent amount of fractionated coconut oil and massage quickly into hands and feet to help warm the body.
8. Clean and Purify surfaces with Oregano oil, you could add a few drops to Your All Purpose Cleaning Spray!
9. Target The Source of Unsightly Skin Woes. Anyone’s skin can have imperfections, bumps or feel irritated. Use sparingly! Oregano is potent. Dilute 1 drop to 2ml carrier oil for adults.
10. Oregano is one of the amazing and potent oils in the On Guard Plus Softgels, take when you need extra immune support. I take with food and fat.
1. Tame a tummy. I like to have a roller on hand at all times. Dilute appropriately and give yourself, child or bub a gentle clockwise massage. So fast acting.
2. I like to take a drop in water half an hour before meals to enhance digestion!
3. Get those anxious knots in your stomach? Whip out your Digestzen roller.
4. Eaten something that hasn’t agreed with you all that well.. you guessed it.. Digestzen roller.
5. Feeling quesy on a trip? Try inhaling Digestzen to calm your stomach and applying it to your wrists.
6. Over indulged?? Apply Digestzen to your stomach to help ease discomfort.
7. Digestzen is great for calming an upset stomach but it’s also great for reliving head tension and sinus pressure! Dilute and apply to temples and bridge of nose.
8. Use daily to maintain healthy bowel movements.
9. Digestzen can make a great mouth rinse after a night out. Add a few drops in water and rinse well.
10. Unfamiliar Restaurant Relief. When you travel or venture out to an unfamiliar restaurant, it’s easy to have digestive distress. Prevent discomfort by taking DigestZen as a digestive tea to prevent or lessen the effects of certain foods.
Ice Blue Ideas
1. Rub diluted on muscles before and after exercise to reduce discomfort.
2. After long hours on the computer, try rubbing this blend diluted on the shoulders and neck to recover and ease muscle tension.
3. Always typing on your computer or smart phone? This blend is great for those who spend long hours typing. Just massage into the hands, fingers and wrists when needed. I like layering frankincense underneath for even more relief.
4. Massage Ice Blue diluted in carrier oil onto the growing kids’ legs before bedtime to help with occasional aches associated with growth spurts.
5. Give your other half a massage at the end of the day. This blend is fantastic for soothing tension. (Don’t do a happy ending with this one without washing your hands thoroughly first, it will burn!!)
6. This Soothing Blend contains blue tansy and Helichrysum which when used regularly, can help promote long term muscle, joint and bone health. It can also help promote and maintain normal inflammatory response in cells.
7. When the kids come home with a few bumps from their sports activities, apply Deep Blue to effected areas to help support localized blood flow.
8. Occasionally, muscles will cramp if they have been worked hard or are lacking the vitamins they need. For these muscle cramps, try massaging Deep Blue into the area.
9. This blend provides a cooling and warming sensation that cools joints yet warms muscles and soothes occasional joint or bone pain. Keep your runner’s knee in tip top condition with Deep Blue. Application after a long run will help soothe the joint and promote strong, healthy muscles.
10. Take this blend to your next massage and ask your therapist to use it on you (a great way to introduce the oils to them too!).
1. Calm Down. Inhale with Lavender and Peppermint and apply to neck to help calm stress and relieve tension.
2. Nourish Your Skin. Use a drop of Frankincense with 3 drops of carrier oil or dōTERRA Spa Hand and Body Lotion for beautiful, radiant looking skin. Try the Salubelle (Immortelle from the US) for your face. It’s divine.
3. Spread The Love. Frankincense smells wonderful and uplifts the mood. Wear it as a perfume to lift your mood and feelings of alertness.
4. Overworked Hands? Rub Frankincense on your hands after a long day of gardening or working to promote a normal inflammatory response.
5. Time To Focus. Apply 1-2 drops to your temples and the back of your neck to help improve your concentration. It’s also one of the oils in the Intune Focus Blend.
6. Nails Of Steel. Dry weather can take a toll on your nails. Try applying a drop of Frankincense to strengthen weak fingernails.
7. Goodness In A Cup. Dilute a drop of Frankincense in 1 teaspoon of honey or in a small herbal tea and take daily to maintain good health. A Calming Mood Lifter. Frankincense can be applied to the bottoms of feet to relax and calm mood swings minor to major. In fact, it has been used to calm expectant mothers during pregnancy and labor. Diffuse in the room or massage a drop onto the chest or back of the neck.
8. Cellular Vigor. Frankincense is a component of DDR Prime because it promotes healthy cellular proliferation. Take Frankincense to support healthy cells in your body!
9. No More Nerves. Use Frankincense to help relieve anxious feelings and create a positive mood! Try combining Frankincense, Peppermint and Wild Orange essential oil in your hand, rub hands together, and inhale deeply. This mix will also help with the most severe need for a three o’ clock pick-me-up!
10. Relax And Revitalize. Soak in a warm Frankincense bath to calm the nerves or diffuse Frankincense in the bathroom while you relax in the tub.
11. Frankincense has been used for centuries for challenged skin, skin problems and nearly everything related to skin. It’s wonderful for aging skin too! Apply directly to the skin and dab the excess with a cotton ball.
12. Muscle & Soreness Relief. Use Frankincense with a cold compress after working out or on a hot day to cool down and relax. Or, use with a hot compress to soothe tired muscles or occasional cramps.
Yep I realise that was more than 10 uses, frankincense is just too awesome. I love it!
Tea Tree Ideas
1. Say Goodbye To Razor Burn! Apply after shaving to prevent any skin irritation. You can also mix Melaleuca with a bottle of fractionated coconut oil for a great facial moisturiser. Consider also mixing with Lavender or Frankincense for added benefit.
2. Add “Oomph” To Your Lotion. Help soothe your skin by placing 1 drop of Melaleuca essential oil in your moisturizer during your morning and night skin routine. You can also apply to skin blemishes and rashes as part of a daily cleansing program.
3. Refresh Your Wash. Add a couple drops of Melaleuca to laundry detergent (I like using the On Guard Laundry Detergent or Wild Soap Nuts from Green Living Australia) to get rid of any musty smells caused by poor ventilation.
4. Baby Bottom Remedy. Mix with Fractionated Coconut Oil, Lavender, and Frankincense to make a diaper paste for baby’s irritated skin.
5. Spray your mattress with water and tea tree when you change the sheets.
6. Spray your kids hats and hair with water, Tea Tree and Rosemary, pesky bugs DON’T like these oils.
7. Tea tree is great for occasional scrapes and skin irritations, next time your kid stacks it, whip this one out!
8. Great for nasty feet. Apply directly to the feet and toenails after practice each night and especially if you are also showering, swimming or exercising in public, high traffic areas.9. Chemical-Free Cleaning. Dilute 8-10 drops with water in a spray bottle to clean around the house. It is great to use in damp places and in the bathroom!10. Boost Your Immune Function. Diffuse Melaleuca or dilute and rub it on the bottom of your feet. Combine with On Guard for even more immune support.These are just SOME of the way you can use these amazing little bottles of alchemy. To get started straight away head to http://mydoterra.com/amyboydhealthcoach and click Join & Save, pick WHOLESALE ACCESS and choose the kit you want. If you want to check out the other options. I will then send you a welcome email with all you need to know and a link to our private, members only support group, recipe share and training hub!
Many of these ideas have been adapted from this doTERRA blog post.
I look forward to welcoming you to Essentialists Tribe
Amy & Ron
*These products have not been approved by the FDA or TGA and are not intended to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease. Please seek advice of a health care professional/aromatherapist where appropriate, especially if pregnant or breastfeeding. I will also send you safety information and a resource guide once you have purchased your kit.