Lavender has been used and cherished for centuries for its unmistakable aroma and myriad benefits. In ancient times, the Egyptians and Romans used Lavender for bathing, relaxation, cooking, and as a perfume. Its calming and relaxing qualities, when taken internally, continue to be Lavender’s most notable attributes. Applied topically, Lavender is frequently used to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections. Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck. Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet to relax and prepare for a restful night’s sleep. Due to Lavender’s versatile properties, it is considered the must-have oil to have on hand at all times.
1. Make some playdough for the kids, try purple and add some Lavender, Orange and some Wild Orange, Green or Blue with some Balance, they will get the calming effects of the oils while they play!
2. Diffuse with a few drops of Vetiver and Marjoram to help with the transition to the land of deep sleep.
3. Give the kids a lavender foot massage in carrier oil to calm them down in the evening, pop a drop or two on their pillows.
4. Calm down after a tense day, add a cup of Epsom salts to the bath with a few drops of Lavender.
5. After a long day on your feet rub Lavender and Lemongrass diluted on your feet and legs. It will help soothe sore muscles and fully rest.
6. Soothe a sore babies bum, mix lavender and geranium in coconut oil and use at change time. You can also make your own chemical free baby wipes with cloth wipes or paper roll, coconut oil, essential oils (just a drop of each) and water.
7. The next time someone doesn’t realize the iron or pan is still hot; apply Lavender oil to the affected area to soothe skin irritation, relieve redness and ease swelling. Also works great for soothing irritated bites!
8. Homemade Aftershave. Use after shaving to soothe and soften skin and to lessen the redness and burning caused by razor burn.
9. Take The “Ouch” Out. One drop of Lavender will help relieve the pain and sensitivity of occasional sore gums, dry or chapped lips, occasional scrapes and abrasions, or after too much sun.
10. Clear The Mind and Soothe Emotions. Apply Lavender to the temples and back of neck to lessen the effects of stress and anxious feeling and to promote mental clarity.
Create a beautiful bathtime with crystals, Epsom Salts (2 Parts), Baking Soda (1 Part) and Essential oils (6 drops per bath).