The top-selling doTERRA essential oil, Lemon has multiple benefits and uses. Lemon is a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air and surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home. When added to water, Lemon provides a refreshing and healthy boost throughout the day.* Lemon is frequently added to food to enhance the flavor of desserts and main dishes. Taken internally, Lemon provides cleansing and digestive benefits.* When diffused, Lemon has an uplifting aroma.
In one year, a single lemon tree has the potential to produce between 500 and 600 pounds of lemons. It typically takes around 75 lemons to fill a 15mL essential oil bottle.
Lemon Essential Oil Ideas
1. Soothe an irritated throat, layer Frankincense and Lemon over the throat area or take a drop of Lemon in a small amount of raw honey (not suitable for children under 1).
2. Diffuse lemon to neutralise odours. Got a house full of stinky boys? Lemon is your friend. You can also use a few drops on cotton wall bools and place in your fridge, in shoes, wherever you want to get rid of nasty smells.
3. Lemon, like all citrus oils, is very uplifting and also promotes positive mood and cognitive ability, a great one to diffuse at your desk. You could also add a drop or two of peppermint to keep you alert.
4. Flavour boost, our oils are beyond food grade you could add a drop of Lemon essential oil anytime you are cooking with lemon juice (Salmon on the BBQ, Lemon meringue pie, Hummus, Avo Smash, Lemon zest etc) to give it a deeper, more rich flavour. You could also add a drop or two to tea or a smoothie. Lemon naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion.
5. Add a couple drops of Lemon essential oil to your dishwater or to the rinse section of your dishwasher. Lemon is amazing at cutting through grease and grime and will live your glassware sparkling.
6. Make an All Purpose Cleaning Spray. In a glass bottle with a spray trigger add a quarter cup of Vinegar and 30 drops of your choice of essential oils, any Citrus oil like Lemon will make a great cleaner, you could also add a squirt of the cleaner concentrate, shake, spray and wipe. Clove oil is a great mold killer! One for the bathroom.
7. Remove sticky labels with lemon essential oil! Simply add a few drops of the oil to the label, wait a minute or so and it will peel right off.
8. Make your own natural wood polish using olive oil and Lemon or Wild Orange essential oil.
9. Lemon promotes a healthy respiratory function, try diffusing two drops Lemon, two drops Peppermint and two drops Lavender for a great seasonal relief blend.
10. Use lemon essential oil in a spray bottle with water to keep fruit fresh until serving. It will also add a nice zesty flavour!
FREE CLEANING TIPS TO DETOX YOUR HOME >> CLICK HERE