On Guard Ideas
One of doTERRA’s most popular oil blends is called On Guard.
On Guard is advertised as a “protective blend” that can be used to support the immune system. It contains a blend of five essential oils, including:
wild orange peel (Citrus sinensis)
clove bud (Eugenia caryophyllata)
cinnamon bark/leaf (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
eucalyptus leaf (Eucalyptus globulus)
rosemary leaf/flower (Rosmarinus officinalis)
1. Diffuse anytime you are concerned about what’s going around, I like to add a drop or two of Oregano and Black Pepper for extra support. Apply diluted in carrier oil to the soles of the feet and down the spine for extra immune support.
2. Add 15 drops to a cup of corn starch or baking soda. Mix, sprinkle and rake on carpet then allow it to sit for up to an hour. Then, vacuum it clean!
3. Take onguard with olive oil before, during and after a plane trip to support your Immune System and ward off Environmental threats! I take with food and fat and filtered water.
4. Diffusing can work miracles, but you can also put a few drops on your car or home’s air conditioning vents to obliterate dank, stale filtered air…right from the duct!
5. Clean your bath tub!! Mix 5-6 drops with a half cup of baking soda to clean your bath tub and skip all of the harsh, bleaching chemicals.
6. Fantastic blend for dental health (it contains Clove after all!) Try swishing with a bit of water after dental work. You can also apply directly to your teeth and gums with some Coconut Oil (or add a drop to your toothpaste) to soothe irritated gums. For a clean toothbrush, store it overnight in a small glass of water with 3-5 drops. You could also try oil pulling with a tablespoon of Virgin Coconut oil and a drop or two of this blend.
7. Make your own SAFE Hand Sanitiser without carcinogenic Triclosan. Mix 5 Tablespoons aloe vera gel, 4 Tablespoons water, 1/4 teaspoon Vitamin E oil and 8-10 drops Protective Blend in a small squeeze bottle.
There is no need to pull out your rubber gloves and surgical masks when you clean your home. It might surprise you to know that you can concoct simple and inexpensive non-toxic cleaners from ingredients already lying around your house. Using essential oils to create your own cleaning spray is not only safe for the environment, but it is safe for your family as well. This spray is perfect for cleaning hard surfaces in the kitchen, bathroom, etc.
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 30 drops doTERRA essential oils
- Recommended essential oil combinations:
- 15 drops each of Lavender and Lemon
- 10 drops each of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, and Wild Orange
- 30 drops doTERRA On Guard®
- 15 drops each of Grapefruit and doTERRA On Guard
Add all ingredients to 500ml Trigger Spray.
Shake thoroughly. Spritz on surfaces and wipe clean.